Sunday, November 18, 2007

Sunday Dinner after Church

Well, today we had a dinner in the fellowship hall after church. It was to celebrate Thanksgiving, and also it was Mr. Ellis's birthday - he is the oldest man in the church , such a soft spoken man that is always ribbed for his age.
I really havent been cooking as of late, so I have to admit to picking up a couple of vegetable trays and an angel food cake before we headed out to church this am.
It was nice. It took me back to a time when we would have 5th Sunday dinners after church. That was always such a big deal to me as a kid. Of course, the fellowship hall then was twice as big easily. I remember the line would stretch out the door into the hallway and into the auditorium ,and someimes out into the vestibule. I loved to see what everyone had made - a little glimpse into their culinary styles and to be able to sit at the long tables and visit with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think....?